The specs appear to be formidable for a device of this price and the Cyanogen ROMs need no introduction. But if you don’t know about Cyanogen OS, it is a custom version of Android with stock Android UI but with a lot of added customisation options such as themes. With BATON app, which is developed by Cyanogen, users can backup and restore data. It also allows syncing app data across multiple Cyanogen devices and opening an app with the current state on another Cyanogen OS powered device.
Micromax YU Yureka Specifications
- 5.5-inch display, 1280 x 720 pixels, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat based Cyanogen OS 11s, Monthly software updates
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 13-megapixel primary camera (Sony Exmor R) with a LED flash, F/2.2 aperture, 1080p @ 30 FPS, and 720p @ 60 FPS
- 5-megapixel secondary camera, OmniVision 5648 sensor with 71-degree wide viewing angle lens
- 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 64GB)
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE (Cat. 4 150Mbps) + 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS with A-GPS
- 3.5mm headphone jack, 24-bit high-resolution audio, and bass boost
- 2,500 mAh battery, 154.8 x 78 x 8.8 mm
- Hand-crafted leather back panel as free gift for few first buyers
The device will have an unlocked bootloader and Micromax will also release the source code for the device. Similar to OnePlus, the company will offer warranty even if the buyer roots the device. This policy is similar to that of the OnePlus‘ and Micromax is trying to replicate it in India by opening online forums about the device. There’s no word on the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the device, though Cyanogen Inc. is already working on Android 5.0 based Cyanogen OS 12.
Micromax will be selling this device online exclusively on Amazon starting January 6th and the registrations will start from the 19th of December at 2PM. This device surely makes the Redmi Note 4G seem like a slightly overpriced product. Xiaomi sells its products at almost no profit and this one will surely got the guys back in China thinking. Micromax is also offering a home-pick up service and on-site warranty for YU smartphone buyers.
What do you think about the device? Would you prefer the Xiaomi Redmi Note or the YU Yureka? We want to know your thoughts on the device.