Not only will it improve my PHP skills, but also my SQL skills. I am really looking forward to this. My PHP knowledge is low compared to many, but I believe it should be significantly larger by the end of this project.
I hope to have a rough skin done within 2 months.
My plans for the site are as follows:
- Post Board (basic ‘thread’ where all posts go, giant wall) – September 20th, 2011
- Member Profiles – October 18th, 2011
- Finish basic posts and communication between members – November 10th, 2011
- Allow for more advanced post/profile communications – December 1st, 2011
- Allow for ‘Teacher’ accounts that will allow teachers to each have their own page, with sections for classwork, homework, presentations, documents, calendar, class schedules, etc – January 15th, 2012
- Present to the school board – February 1st, 2012
- Chat system integration (self-coded) – March 19th, 2012
- March 20th -> Beyond: Re-check all source code. Make improvements where possible. Cut down the source. Continue to elaborate on improvements.
That is a rough outline of when I plan to have things done. To some, it may seem like a long while.. but I will probably be doing this by myself (at the start) and in my FREE time. That already cuts it down a bit 🙂
Anyway, has anyone else tackled something like this? I am looking forward to the adventure ahead 😛
This will be my features board that I will keep updated.
Added profile images and upload at your UserCP.
Added checkboxes on post for mass delete.
Added some MyCode
Added Updates Page
-Have a users
-Have individual profiles
-Have a base message board
-Have logout function
-Added ability to delete posts
-Added a User List
-Added ability to delete users (option does not show up for account UID’s 1 and 2)
-Changed some CSS to make things look better
-Currently only Admins (UID 1, 2) can see the userlist and only admins can delete posts.
-Added user profiles
#-Includes Recent Posts
#-Includes Total Number of Posts